In certain circumstances counselling, supervision and coaching can all be provided online, or via telephone if you prefer. If you can't meet with me face to face due to restrictions, location or transport concerns, then an online or telephone session might be the ideal solution.
Online counselling services can be accessed as a full fee paying client, or via Medicare [Telehealth] funding, see details on Fees and Rebates page.
Is Online Counselling effective?
Counselling provided using video conferencing has been found to be as effective as a face-to-face appointment for a variety of issues. Please note however, in some cases it may not be appropriate to receive treatment via online counselling. At our initial telephone consultation we will explore if this is the right approach for you.
What equipment do I need?
- Access to a quiet, private space
- A device with a camera, microphone and speakers,
e.g. a smartphone, computer or iPad
- A reliable internet connection
- Zoom video conferencing software
Getting started with Zoom
Zoom is a free service you can download to your computer. If you do not already have access to a Zoom account then you need to:
- Go the Zoom website and download the latest version for your device.
- Test your installation to make sure it is working.
- Connect via the link I will email you before your session time starts.
To find out about privacy and security using Zoom, please visit: