Counselling, supervision and coaching can all be provided online, or via telephone if you prefer. If you can't meet with me face to face due to location or transport concerns, then an online or telephone session can be the ideal solution.
Online counselling services can be accessed as a full fee paying client, or via Medicare [Telehealth] funding, see details on Fees and Rebates page.
Is Online Counselling effective?
Counselling provided using video conferencing has been found to be as effective as a face-to-face appointment for a variety of issues. Please note however, in some cases it may not be appropriate to receive treatment via online counselling. At our initial telephone consultation we will explore if this is the right approach for you.
What equipment do I need?
- Access to a quiet, private space
- A device with a camera, microphone and speakers,
e.g. a smartphone, computer or iPad
- A reliable internet connection
- Skype video conferencing software
Getting started with Skype
Skype is a free service you can download to your computer. If you do not already have access to a Skype account then you need to:
- Go the Skype website and download the latest version for your device.
- Test your installation to make sure it is working.
- Add me to your Contact List (details will be provided).
- When your session time starts, open Skype and answer my call.
To find out about privacy and security using Skype, please visit: